Canada's Vaccine Industry Committee
Leadership in global healthVaccine Industry Committee members are the leading vaccine manufacturers serving the Canadian market and early stage Canadian companies developing advanced vaccine technologies. The committee works to ensure a secure supply of vaccines for Canada, advocates for equitable access to vaccines for all Canadians, and promotes the value of immunization as one of the most cost-effective health interventions available.
Primary public policy activities include:
- Promoting the value of vaccines and importance of our industry
- Ensuring adequate and timely funding mechanisms for new vaccines
- Improving Canada’s procurement and safety of supply policies to ensure availability of vaccines
- Implementation of the National Immunization Strategy
- Ensuring Canada has an internationally competitive system for vaccine licensing
- Improving the transparency and recommendation timelines of national advisory committees
- Obtaining a satisfactory bar coding system with acceptable timelines
For more information about BIOTECanada's Vaccine Industry Committee, contact Ron Boch.